| Brynley King
Starting and growing a blog is a fantastic way to build a following, establish yourself as an authority and build engagement and rapport with your audience. Anyone can start a blog, and one of the key benefits of doing so is to attract and drive traffic to your content.
In the digital age of 2018, blogging is all about quality over quantity and creating evergreen content that is timeless and incredibly valuable to your audience. According to HubSpot, 2017, 53% of marketers say blog creation is their top inbound marketing priority.
The best way to grow your blog is to be consistent, create super valuable content for your readers and add content upgrades at the end of each post to encourage your readers to opt-in to your email subscriber’s list.
Before we begin, you can access my free marketing library filled with eBooks and checklists for online businesses and entrepreneurs here.
*Above is a perfect example of what you can add to your posts to encourage your readers to sign up to your list!
1. Start a blog!
Pretty self-explanatory, to grow a blog you need to start one. Creating a blog is a great way to engage with your audience and provide super valuable content for your prospects.
2. Set up a blog calendar to ensure you are writing and posting consistently.
Remember consistency is key!
3. Ensure all of your blog titles stand out and are engaging!
Tip, look at magazine covers for titles they use for ideas.
4. Ensure every blog has images or videos to break up content and create longer times spent on your page.
Don’t just write a long form blog post without anything to break it up, it will put your readers off.
5. Write at least 1 list blog post for your website or blog.
6. Write at least 1 Q&A blog post for your website or blog.
7. Write at least 1 article blog post for your website or blog.
8. Write at least 1 case study blog post for your website or blog.
9. Write at least 1 opinion article blog post for your website or blog.
10. Add at least 1 interview blog post for your website or blog.
11. Compile at least 1 round up article blog post for your website or blog.
12. Write at least 1 article using statistics relating to your industry in a blog post for your website.
13. Create seven social media posts from one blog post by splintering each article.
You can do this by pulling the following types of content within the post, creating an image and scheduling it into your social media scheduler.
Direct headline – For example, the title of your post “Create and schedule 32 days of social media content in 1 day!”
Blind headline – For example, a subtitle from your post “Scheduling your social media will help you give you more time in your business to focus on other tasks, like email marketing!”
Quotes – For example, a quote from your blog post “The essence of social media is knowing your audiences and engaging them in something they love.”
Images – An image within your post!
Questions – For example, a question from your blog post “Do you have a problem with finding content to post on your social media?”
Statistics – For example, a statistic from your blog post “As of June 30, 2017, Facebook enjoys 2.01 billion monthly active users.”
14. Include a content upgrade in every blog post to increase your number of email subscribers.
15. Segment all of your content into an excel spreadsheet and sort all of your blog titles into categories with keywords.
This will help you identify your contents keywords and help you better write your blogs around these keywords. It will also help you build custom Facebook audiences on autopilot.
16. Once you post your new blog article, post it on social media and repost it within 1 week, 2 weeks and 8 weeks.
This will help your audience see it better through algorithms and continue to drive traffic to your archived posts.
17. If you are using a program like CoSchedule, set up social queue to promote your old evergreen posts.
18. Link all of your best posts in your new posts you place on your blog.
19. Link any other relating blog posts to your new posts on your blog.
20. Finish every blog post with a clear call to action!
21. Turn all of your blog content into Vlog content for posting on your YouTube Channel.
22. Use push notifications to send up blog content updates to your audience.