Pinterest is one of the fastest growing social media marketing trends in today’s digital age. Pinterest’s seeker platform is much like YouTube and Google, being that it is more of a search engine within itself for people looking for information. Using imagery, Pinterest’s platform is best utilised for social influencing and social selling with 71% of Pinterest users being women.
Pinterest now has more than 150 million monthly active users with 80 million Pinterest users living outside of the U.S. According to Hootsuite, 87% of Pinners have purchased a product because of Pinterest.
From B2B to B2C, there are a number of goals you can pursue using Pinterest —from driving web and foot traffic to increasing visibility with influencers and consumers. If you haven’t already set up an official Pinterest for Business account, set one up and start using Pinterest in your daily social media marketing mix.
Below are 16 actionable tips to grow and improve your Pinterest account!
1. Ensure you have an active Pinterest Page and try and pin at least 9-10 pins every day!
2. Verify your page as a business account.
You will be able to analyse and view metrics that you can measure your Pinterest performance with.
3. Add keywords to your name so you can be found easier!
Much like Google and YouTube, using keywords in Pinterest is valuable for your content to be found.
4. Ensure you have a great bio with exactly what you do and a clear call to action.
You only have a few words to explain about yourself so make it count!
5. Make sure your first board is made for your websites content only.
Your first board should include all of the content from your own website before you create boards with other user’s pins.
6. Pin as much as you can every day, if you are wanting to pin 50-100 pins a day, you can always batch your Pinterest pins and use a scheduler like Board Booster or Tailwind.
7. Set up rich pins and design your pins to match your branding.
8. Create board covers that look cohesive with your branding and your pins.
9. Ensure all of your blog articles have a pin image so users can pin your content to their Pinterest boards.
10. For you blog articles create 4-5 Pinterest Images and use them throughout your blog post to test which ones perform better on Pinterest.
11. Design captivating pins and don’t just upload pictures.
Add text to explain what your content is about and help you stand out more.
12. Make sure your posts are 80% other valuable pins and 20% are from your own site.
13. Follow other creatives in your niche!
14. Create tall pins for your boards, rather than horizontal ones.
Tall pins take up more real estate in Pinterest feeds and are much more likely to stand out!
15. Create a collaborative board relating to your niche!
16. Join group boards and participate in them often to expand your reach.