| Brynley King
Do you ever feel like there is never enough time in the day to get everything done? Is your inbox constantly filling up with emails and you haven’t even begun to make a dent in your seven page to do list? Welcome! To the story of my life! Haha!
You see, for all business owners, this somewhat feels like a regular day at the office, and we often feel that there are just not enough hours in the day to finish everything.
This is why I have compiled this list of 11 actionable items you can do to increase your productivity and systemise your working schedule and to help make the most of your precious time.
1. Create templates for your emails so you can save time on writing repeated emails daily.
2. For service based businesses, systemise your services to increase your productivity and give a seamless customer experience.
This could include getting paid and sending your contracts/agreements to your clients.
3. Create an operations manual for every task or service in your business to ensure you stick to everything you need to do for that particular service.
This will also help you immensely if you have to hire staff and need to educate them on how to do particular things.
4. Create a routine for everything you do often and stick to it!
5. Automate as much of your business as possible.
This includes your emails, social media and daily jobs. Automation is key to productivity!
6. Automate all of your social influencing and social selling posts so you can focus on more product tasks in your business.
7. Batch all of your tasks so you can accomplish more in the day.
This could be writing ten blog posts for next month instead of one every three days.
8. Plan everything you need to do for the entire week, first thing, every Monday morning.
It will help you prepare for the week and set you a big list of tasks you need to finish. I like to keep a digital version as well as a one-day to a page planner where I write everything down and keep for record to see what I have accomplished in the last month.
9. Cap your business meetings to 15 minutes maximum and try your best to stick with it.
10. Outsource any tasks that can be delegated and focus your efforts on what you do best as a business.
11. Time block your tasks.
This basically means allocating a certain number of hours in your diary to focus on one specific task and executing it.